Copying and Printing System from Computers for Students
TECHNICAL INFORMATIONAt the moment, copying and printing from all computers is in room 222, in Pharmacology Classroom room 523 (only all computers with operation system Windows XP) and computer in Library (Study Room) and is operated on the OCÉ system that is also in room 222.
CONDITIONS FOR USING THE SYSTEM1. valid CU student pass (green, red, yelow) and valid password to CAS (for printing from computers) - if you have any problem with set of password - contact Mr. O. Kubánek - room number 424)
2. credit charged on card (room number 547 – PhDr. M. Hábová, I. Ježková – room number 532)
WHAT THE NEW MACHINE CAN HANDLE50 page copying simultaneously from an automated feeder, double-sided copying, enlarging and reducing, copying for A5 – A3 format, copying from books and magazines, cardboard and transparent copying, brochure fabrication, binding, etc, see machine manual
PRICES1,20 Kč per A4 page– for copying and for printing
0,90 Kčper A4 page – for duplex printing (in options printer on PC set up duplex print)
for A3 format the price is calculated by 2x A4 – copying per A3 page – 2,40 Kč
ATTENTION: for double-sided copying where the original is double-sided and has one side blank and you want a double-sided copy, even the blank side is calculated as a copy and is included in the price.
CONDITIONS FOR SAFETY OPERATIONS, HOW TO PREVENT ITS MISUSE1. You must log on under your name and password and after completing your tasks log off!!!!!, Otherwise it is possible that someone will send a print task under your name and you will be paying for it!!!! You can manage your printing and copying tasks over the internet – see SafeQ instructions.
2. On the OCÉ terminal you can register using your student pass, after completing your tasks and inserting your student pass DEREGISTER.
3. Be careful with your student cards so that no one can take advantage of them. If you have lost your card, report this immediately to O. Kubánek (room 42 and pick up their duplicates in the student pass releases of CU.
HOW IT WORKSIn the case that you have completed all the necessary conditions on the functioning of the system, that means that you have a valid card, valid password and a sufficient financial credit, you may begin copying or printing.
While copying or printing that you have ordered on your own from the computer, you will go to the machine and with the use of your CU student pass scan your identification in the terminal (left). On the terminal you will then see your name and credit amount.
In the case that you have ordered a print task from the computer that you have sent to the machine, it will print it out automatically while withdrawing the financial amount corresponding to the printing task. Printing from the computer is always PRIORITY.
In the case that you don’t have any print jobs ordered then you might use the copying device. (see the manual).
PRINTING1. After logging into the computer send a printing job from whatever application of the computer to the printing machine. The printing job is saved on the server 7 days then is deleted.
2. Walk over to the printing machine Océ and scan your identification card (if you have a sufficient credit amount and completed registration) in the area of the no contact scanner, which is placed on the left side of the machine.
3. The scanner will check your entrance data, credit amount and will activate the machine into operation.
4. If there are no problems in point 3, the machine itself will activate the printing jobs that were sent. Wait 10 seconds if upon authorization the printing machine will print.
5. Wait until the printing machine completes the printing job.
6. Please remove the printed pages.
7. Upon leaving scan your student identification card to the scanner and that will log you off.
COPYING1. Walk over to the printing machine Océ and scan your identification card (if you have a sufficient credit amount and completed registration) in the area of the no contact scanner, which is placed on the left side of the machine.
2. The scanner will check your entrance data, credit amount and will activate the machine into operation.
3. If there are no problems in point 3, you can select the parameters for copying on the display. The display is regulated by the side buttons.
4. Lift the cover and place the original on the appropriate area of the copying area. The alternate method is to place the original into the automatic dispenser. In this manner you may copy a large amount of sheets. Always place the originals text side down!
5. Choose the number of copies.
6. If you would like double-sided pages to copy, please select the appropriate button at the bottom of the display. The standard setting is a single-sided copy.
7. Activate the copying by pushing the green button on the bottom left corner of the control panel.
8. Wait until the copying machine completes the job.
9. Please remove the copied pages.
10. Upon leaving scan your student identification card to the scanner and that will log you off.
POSSIBLE PROBLEMS AND THEIR SOLUTIONSIf all the requirements are not completed, the system will not be functional and your access can be blocked.
In the case of an invalid card the system will not identify you.
In the case of having no credit the printing task will remain on the server for a week until you re-charge your credit. Copying isn’t possible.
In the case of having insufficient funds the printing task will not be printed and will remain as refused and can block your access, when copying only part of the copying task will be performed but the full task will be charged. You will reach a minus credit that will be paid out while re-charging the card (as a penalty), eventhough the task was not fully completed. Please check your credit status. (on the terminal or on the web – see the SafeQ instructions.
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH PRINTING OR COPYING YOUR JOB ON THE MACHINE – PLEASE – PRESS THE STOP (RED) BUTTON ONCE MORE TO CONFIRM THE STOP COMMAND. INFORMATION REGARDING THE JOB WILL THEN BE REMOVED FROM MEMORY.While printing, the machine will not print your print job if:
a. your credit amount is insufficient (purchase more credit)
b. the printing job is large, wait. In special circumstances (relating to the size of the print job) printing can take a few minutes.
The printing machine can pause the printing job if the following occurs:
a. paper is jammed – please ask for help (Hábová 547, Bitzan 424),
b. insufficient credit – the printing machine will display „doplňte kredit…“ press the red cancel button for the printing/copying job the start menu will be displayed log off purchase credit
c. other problems – please ask for help
In case the machine stops before the completion of your printing job ALWAYS press the red cancel button for the cancellation of your printing job. If you do not erase your erroneous/uncompleted printing job in this manner, YOU WILL BLOCK the printing machine for all others. In this case, please ask for help.
RESPONSIBLE PERSONS, ADVISORS DURING PROBLEMS1) problems with the cards or password – O. Kubánek, room number 424
2) re-charging credit, unblocking the access – PhDr. M. Hábová, room number 547, I. Ježková - room number 532
3) problem analysis during printing or copying, technical service – Ing. P. Bitzan - room 424 or Ing. A. Dvořák - room 519
4) technical service of the OCÉ machine – filling the needed materials, removing papers or other technical errors, ordering service, maintenance service, etc. – Ing. P. Bitzan (424) or ing. A. Dvořák (519)