Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague offers the 5 month preparatory course in English for international applicants.
The intensive premedical course have aim to give students chance to be maximally prepared for successful entrance examinations to study General Medicine in English Curriculum. The course is devoted to biology, chemistry and physics – the subjects that are tested in the entrance examinations for medical studies. In addition there are to other classes taught: Basics of Communication in the Czech Language and medical English.
The course is on the academic level of university education and is held in the Third Faculty of Medicine building in Prague. The heads of the departments of the Third Faculty of Medicine supervises all lectures. Upon completion of this course (beginning of May 2012) an entrance examinations for the general medicine study at the Faculty will be given.
CONDITION AND APPLICATION FORMS
Any international applicant interested in taking this course can apply (application form - download here in format or download here in format ) for entering the Premedical course without any entrance examination provided the fulfills the following criteria:
- Student must be of the minimum age of 18
- Verified Czech or English translation of the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (Final examination certificate) and official study reports from each study year, list of subjects with number of lessons.
- Official validation of all above-mentioned certificates could be done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the applicant’s country or by official notary’s office of Czech Embassy/Consulate.
- Medical reports to certify that you are physically and mentally fit to start a course of study.
Application form and enclosures should be sent to the above university address.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION FORMS
- Acceptance of applications was due to the capacity reasons terminated on 14.10.2012. Other applications are accepted only for the waiting list. Thank you for understanding. (Applications were accepted from May 2012.)
The deadline for enrolling is January 14, 2013 at the Faculty.
- Next information about organization, schedule, tuition fee and contacts is there.